RESPONSIBILITY FOR TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
INFORMATION THAT HANDYHOSTEL COLLECTS
1.1 Information required to use the HandyHostel Platform.
We ask for and collect the following personal information when using the HandyHostel Platform. This information is necessary for the proper performance of the contract with HandyHostel, to enable us to fulfill our legal obligations. Without them, we may not be able to provide all the services requested.
● Account information. When registering an Account with HandyHostel, we ask for specific information, such as your first and last name, email address and date of birth.
● Profile and Announcement Information. To use certain functions of the HandyHostel Platform (such as booking or creating an Ad), we may ask you to provide additional information, including your address, telephone number and a profile photo.
● Information Related to Identity Verification. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, we may collect identity verification information (such as images of your identification document, passport, identity card or driving license, as permitted by applicable laws) or other authentication information.
● Payment information. To use certain features of the HandyHostel Platform (such as booking or creating an Ad), we may require you to provide specific financial information (such as your bank account or credit card information) to facilitate payment processing.
● Communications with HandyHostel and other Members. Whenever you communicate with HandyHostel or use the HandyHostel Platform to communicate with other Members, we collect information about your communication and any information you decide to provide.
1.2 Information you choose to provide.
You can choose to provide us with additional personal information for a better user experience while using the HandyHostel Platform. This additional information will be treated based on our legitimate interests or, where applicable, with your consent.
● Additional Profile Information. You can choose to provide further information as part of your HandyHostel profile (such as gender, preferred language (s), city and personal description). Some of this information is part of your profile page and may be publicly visible to others.
● Other information. You can also choose to provide us with information whenever you fill out a form, update or add information to your HandyHostel Account, answer questionnaires, post on community forums, participate in promotions, communicate with our customer support team, share your experience with us (for example, through stories) or use other resources of the HandyHostel Platform.
1.3 Information required for the use of Payment Services.
The Payment Data Controller needs to collect the following information necessary for the proper performance of the contract with you and compliance with applicable laws (such as anti-money laundering regulations). Without this information, you will not be able to use Payment Services:
● Payment information. When using Payment Services, the Payment Data Processor needs certain financial information (such as bank account or credit card information) to process payments and comply with applicable laws.
● Identity Check and Other Information. If it is a Hostel, the person responsible for processing payment data may require identity verification information (such as images of your government-issued identification document, passport, identity card or driving license) or other authentication information, date of birth, address, email address, phone number and additional information to verify your identity, provide you with Payment Services and comply with applicable laws.
1.4 Information that HandyHostel automatically collects through the Use of the HandyHostel Platform and Payment Services.
When you use the HandyHostel Platform and Payment Services, we automatically collect personal information related to the services you use and the way you use them.
● Geolocation information. Whenever you use certain features of the HandyHostel Platform, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined using data, such as your mobile device’s IP address or GPS, to offer you a better user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of application location services in the device’s “Settings” menu. HandyHostel may also collect this information even if you are not using the application if this connection is allowed through your device settings or permissions.
● Usage information. We collect information about your interactions with the HandyHostel Platform, such as the pages or content you view, your Ad searches, reservations you have made and other actions on the HandyHostel Platform.
● Registration data and device information. We automatically collect data and device registration information whenever you access and use the HandyHostel Platform, even if you have not created an HandyHostel Account or logged in. This information includes, but is not limited to: details on how you used the HandyHostel Platform (including if you click links to third-party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, information about events that occurred on the device, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data and the pages you viewed or interacted with before or after using the HandyHostel Platform.
● Payment Transaction Information. HandyHostel collects information related to your payment transactions through the HandyHostel Platform, including the payment instrument used, the date and time, the payment amount, the expiration date and the postal billing code of the payment instrument, the email address, bank details, your address and other details related to the transaction.
1.5 Information that HandyHostel Collects from Third Parties.
HandyHostel may collect information, including personal information provided by third parties when using the HandyHostel Platform and Payment Services, or obtain information from other sources and combine it with the information we collect through the HandyHostel Platform and Payment Services. We do not control, supervise or respond to how third parties who provide your information treat your personal information, so any request for information from HandyHostel about disclosing your data should be directed to such third parties.
● Third-Party Services. If you create a connection, access or log in to your HandyHostel Account using a third-party service (e.g., Google, Facebook), the third-party service may send us information, such as your registration information, list of friends and profile in that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or authorized by you in the privacy settings you have configured on that service.
● Recommendations. If you are invited to join HandyHostel, the person who invited you can provide personal information about you, such as your email address or other contact details.
● Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or information that allows us to detect fraud and security issues through third-party service providers and/or partners and combine them with the information that we have. For example, we may receive results from background checks (with your consent when necessary) or fraud alerts from service providers, such as identity verification services, to support our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on the HandyHostel Platform and beyond, through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions, through our partners’ advertising networks.
1.6 Children’s Data
Our websites and applications are not intended for children under 16 years of age, so we do not deliberately collect any personal information directly from children under 16. If you believe that we treat a child’s personal information improperly, we ask that you contact us.
HOW HANDYHOSTEL USES THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS
We may use, store and process personal information to (1) make available, understand, improve and develop the HandyHostel Platform; (2) creating and maintaining a trusting and secure environment (for example, to comply with our legal obligations and ensure compliance with HandyHostel Policies); and (3) provide, customize, measure and improve our advertising and marketing.
2.1 Providing, Improving and Optimizing the HandyHostel Platform. We may use personal information to provide, improve and develop the HandyHostel Platform to:
● allow you to access and use the HandyHostel Platform;
● allow you to communicate with other Members;
● operate, protect, improve and optimize the HandyHostel Platform and its experience, for example, carrying out analyzes and carrying out investigations;
● provide customer support services;
● send you messages, updates, security alerts and account notifications within the scope of services and support;
● to operate, protect, improve and optimize the HandyHostel Platform and personalize your experience (such as suggesting Ads, ordering search results), and facilitating the submission of complaints, we carry out a characterization based on your interactions with the HandyHostel Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences and other content you send to the HandyHostel Platform; and
● we make it possible to use our Company’s products.
We treat this personal information taking into account our legitimate interest in improving the HandyHostel Platform and the experience of our Members on the HandyHostel Platform and, when necessary, for the proper performance of the contract we have with you.
2.2 Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. We may use personal information to create and maintain a trustworthy and more secure environment, in particular to:
● detect and prevent cases of fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents and other malicious activities;
● carry out security investigations and risk assessments;
● verify or authenticate information or identification that you have provided (such as verifying the Hostel’s address or comparing your identification photo with another photo you provide);
● carry out checks through databases and other sources of information, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent when necessary;
● comply with our legal obligations;
● resolve any disputes with any of our Members and implementing our agreements with third parties;
● in connection with the above activities, we may perform a characterization based on your interactions with the HandyHostel Platform, your profile information and other content you send to the HandyHostel Platform and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the HandyHostel Platform if such processes detect activity that we think represents a security risk or otherwise for the HandyHostel Platform, our community, or third parties. If you wish to oppose a decision based on the automated process, you must contact us as indicated in the Contact Us section below.
We treat personal information for these purposes given our legitimate interest in protecting the HandyHostel Platform, measuring the proper performance of our contract with all Users and complying with applicable laws.
2.3 Provide, Customize, Measure and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. We may use personal information to make available, personalize, measure and improve our advertising and marketing, namely to:
● send you promotional, marketing, advertising messages and other information that may be of interest to you, based on your preferences (including information about HandyHostel or partner campaigns and services) and advertising on social networks through social media platforms, such as Facebook or Google);
● customize, measure and improve our advertising;
● carry out a definition of your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you have provided to us, your interactions with the HandyHostel Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional, marketing, advertising and other information that we believe may be of interest to you;
● subscribe to a subscription by email, which will not affect the frequency of administrative emails that we may send you in connection with any Account at HandyHostel. There is no charge for sending promotional emails to you. Please note that you may not be able to take advantage of certain promotions if you do not have an Account at HandyHostel; and
● invite you to relevant events and opportunities (for example, by sharing your story as a Hostel or Service Provider, we may use the information provided to contact you and invite you to relevant events).
We will treat personal information for the purposes listed in this section, given our legitimate interest in conducting marketing activities, to offer you products or services that may be of interest to you.
2.4 How the Data controller of Payment data uses the Collected Information. We may use personal information as part of payment services, in particular to:
● Allow you to access and use Payment Services.
● Detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents and other harmful activities.
● Conduct security investigations and risk assessments.
● Carry out checks using databases and other sources of information.
● Comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations).
● Apply Payment Terms and other payment policies.
● With your consent, send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences.
The Payment Data Controller processes this personal information, given his legitimate interest in improving Payment Services and the experience of its users in those services, and when necessary for the proper performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws.
2.5 Your Options
You have a few options regarding the messages you decide to receive.
● You can limit the information you provide to HandyHostel. Membership in promotions and marketing programs is voluntary.
● You can limit the communications that HandyHostel sends you.
● To stop receiving marketing emails, click on the “Unsubscribe” link at the end of each marketing email we send you or access the notification settings in your HandyHostel Account.
● To revoke any authorizations, you may have given for sending promotional text messages, send a message with the text STOP in response to any message.
● You can continually update your notification settings in your HandyHostel Account in the Notifications section of your HandyHostel Account. Please note that even if you decide not to accept receiving marketing communications, we may still need to contact you with necessary information regarding transactions in your account. For example, even if you decide not to accept receiving communications by email, we may still send you confirmation of activity or fraud alerts.
To help facilitate the booking process or other interactions between Members, we may have to share certain information, including personal information, with other Members, as follows:
Whenever you send us a reservation request or wish to purchase products, services or experiences, we share certain information about you with the Hostel and the Service Provider, including your profile, full name, your cancellation history and other information you agree to share. . When your reservation is confirmed, we will disclose additional information, such as your phone number and email.
Whenever you have a confirmed reservation as a Guest or Service Provider, we share certain information with Users / Guests to coordinate the reservation, such as your profile, full name, telephone number, email and address of the Hostel or Service Provider.
According to the law, HandyHostel does not share your billing and payment information with other Members.
The HandyHostel Platform allows you to publish information, including personal information accessible to the general public. For example:
Parts of your public profile page, such as your first name, description and city, are accessible to the public.
The Ads pages are accessible to the public. They include information such as the location of the Hostel or Experience (neighborhood and city), description of the Ad, availability of the calendar, your public profile picture, aggregated search information (such as page views for a certain period of time), and other additional information that you decide to share.
After completing a reservation, all Users of the Handyhostel Platform can register evaluations and mutually assign a rating. Comments and ratings are an integral part of your public profile page and displayed elsewhere on the HandyHostel Platform (such as on the Ad page).
Based on our legitimate interest in promoting the HandyHostel Platform, we may display parts of the Handyhostel Platform (for example, your Ad page) on sites operated by business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Ads are displayed on a Partner’s Site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
The Hostel can use third-party services available on the Handyhostel Platform to help manage your Accommodation or provide additional services requested by you. The Hostel can use the resources of the HandyHostel Platform to share information about the User / Guest with such third-party service providers, coordinate the stay, manage the Accommodation or provide other services. The Hostel is responsible for the third-party service providers to which it relies on and ensuring that these service providers handle the Guests’ information securely and in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation, including the legislation on data privacy and data protection. Dice.